Wednesday, April 11, 2007

CD - The Exploding Boy (TWANG06) - SWE



I was just thinking about the record, and how it grows and grows and grows, and if I could decide we would hear this kind of music on the radio rather then other swedish dull pop music. There are a handfull 7" material on this album and I so hope they will get airplay. Swedish music needs this kind of tunes. Please download and listen to their (free) first single from their website:


theexplodingboy.se/

01. Cold things starts to burn
02. Dazed
03. It's over
04. Show you me

Three of theese songs are among my favbourites from the album.

Now do yourself a favour and put your money on great swedish music.

The Exploding Boy (TWANG06) - SWE
---
01: Dazed
02: Better Than Fine
03: Shot Down
04: Its Over
05: Without Me
06: Cold Things Start To Burn
07: Dust
08: Show You Me
09: What Else Is New
10: Go Away

The reviews:
“ A new band which sounds a bit like The Cure and a lot like Interpol. I discovered them by chance. Their song “Cold things start to burn” (listen to it loud, very loud!) is a goddamn catchy song which should be able to make anyone with two legs dance.
And if you are into great bass lines, have a listen to “Dazed”. They released ten songs in only two months. All are excellent. I am usually not into the hype thing but I am really happy to be the first blog in the world to mention them: in few months, I guess they will be the new darlings of the whole audioblogosphere ”.
-Absolute Noise

“ This indie-pop-rock-gothic tunes has already spread a lot on blog sites in France, Germany and Denmark after existing just 3 months, and compares to Interpol, Chameleons, and bit of Sisters of Mercy!
In Sweden the songs has already been played at c:a 15 of the best rock clubs. The biggest Swedish electronica girl Sophie Rimheden has also produced one of the songs called "Vampire", a tribute to the Stockholm club "Vampire lounge" ! Check out the newest, hottest and best indie band: The Exploding Boy! ”.
-gothtronic.com

“Finding some great new Swedish bands everyday is not that easy. I do remember the first time I heard The Exploding Boy. I was kind of addicted to their song “Cold Things start to Burn”, a real good new-wave-pop-rock song. So, I was quite excited when I received “Vampire” (tribute to a club in Stockholm called the Vampire Lounge). I had actually already listened to a demo version of this song. Here is the final version, produced by (the quite hyped) Sophie Rimheden. Even if I consider that “Vampire” is not as good as gems such as “Cold Things Start To Burn” or “Dazed”, the band seems to have definetly found their own sound. Now,I´m looking forward to their first record”.
-Sang Neuf


The band:
theexplodingboy.se
myspace.com/theexplodingboyse
myspace.com/johanxboy


The shops:
cdon.com
skivhugget.se

No comments: